Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm Losing It

Hi! This is Macie...and I'm going to try this blogging thing one more time!


This blog is going to focus on my weight loss efforts. It's so discouraging looking back over the years and seeing my weight go up and down and up and up again. Every time I lose a little weight, I always somehow manage to gain it back plus more.

Here are my stats as of today:
Height- 5'0
Weight- 167.6 lbs (gulp)

According to my BMI, I am morbidly obese. I reset that BMI calculator eight times just to make sure it wasn't malfunctioning, but I got the same results each time. So, I suppose this is my cue to start crying. But I'm done feeling sorry for myself because feeling sorry does not help you lose weight at the end of the day.

My goals are to be healthy, have more energy, be able to run in a 5k race by January and if I lose some weight on the way, even better. My focus isn't just on losing weight...I truly want to live a healthier lifestyle and feel confident in the way my body looks. I know there are lots of hurdles I have to overcome internally but I have indentified them and I'm working on it.

My goal weight is 130lbs. For my height my weight is supposed to be in the 95-105lbs range, but holy hell, I'd be nothing but bones! Even at my skinniest in my teen days I was never under 110lbs so to shoot for that is unrealistic because my body just isn't built that way, nor do I desire being that size. So, this means that I have 38lbs to lose total. I hope to lose fifteen pounds by the end of this year...that gives me four months to lose fiteen pounds. I know I can do it and I hope that you all will join me in this journey to a better, healthier life.

Macie





Weight as of 8-1-12


July 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment