Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I'm still alive!!! But barely. I do apologize for the lack of updates....I have been super busy the last couple of weeks and I have been battling a flu-like cold and a bout of wheezing cough that won't go away. I've been sick of almost a week now and my cough will NOT go away. I can't wait to get better and be back to normal. I feel like like everyone in the office is looking at me and holding their breath because they don't want to catch whatever the heck it is I have. I'm like the plague around here. I feel bad for the cubicle mates :-(

Anyhow...so as it is that I have been sick, I am sad to report that I have not been to gym in almost two weeks. I have had no energy to go as I have been trying to spend all my time sleeping and trying to "sweat out" this virus/bacteria. On the plus side, I have been eating healthier still and because of a general loss of appetite, I think I may have lost weight! Yay? lol

I decided about two weeks ago that I am forgoing the Healthy Choice frozen dinners. I felt like I wasn't losing any weight and I needed to cut back on calories. My lunch time meal now consists of a large salad with a protein-either chicken or fish. And dinner is usually salmon with a side salad and small side of rice (I"m Asian...I can't just cut rice out completely). I'm proud of myself and the  cravings I used to get for fatty, greasy, fried foods have all gone away. I've been eating healthier for six weeks now and I've seen a huge increase in my energy level (aside from this past week due to being sick) and I don't feel so bloated or heavy after eating anymore.

I am joining LA Fitness next week. I can't wait to start taking fitness classes. I took a few with my good friend Noy as a guest and I really enjoyed the classes. I loved the Total Body Fitness and Steps class...the music and energy really motivated me and pushed me. It was a great workout and I can't wait to continue it.

Speaking of Noy...last Saturday was her bachelorette party and it was a lot of fun! I didn't get to take many pictures but I'll share the ones I did take. Looking forward to her wedding this weekend as well as spending time with my loved ones over the Labor Day weekend. Everyone have a great Labor Day and be safe!!!


Bride-to-be Noy and I

8-25-12 at the W hotel
 


No comments:

Post a Comment